Sunday, April 7, 2013

My News!

Welcome to my blog! Today is a big day...I have a "my journey" post I am working on, but I didn't want it to get too late before I shared what I have been hinting at on facebook, and my journey is taking quite a lot of typing. Almost everything has led to this.

I am applying to New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary to pursue a graduate certificate in women's ministry!

I have considered this on more than one occassion, but it is finally time. I hope to be taking my first class this summer called Women's Ministry for Mothers. Those of you who know me well know how passionate I am about helping moms (I am also very passionate about encouraging wives. Hence my blog name. :)) I wasn't sure at first if I would just take a class or two or pursue a basic certificate requiring 8 hrs, but the plan is now for the graduate certificate since I already have two degrees. It will require 15 hours, but it was the perfect time for me to begin since they are offering the two required courses within the next year online. So I am diving in!

I don't know the reason I have felt like I wanted to pursue this for quite some time. This has been almost two years in coming (well...probably even more than that). Almost every class I can take is something I am really interested in. I don't know where it will lead me, or what God has for me to do through this, and I really don't mind the not knowing. I'm just ready for the journey.

I'm being made new every day by my sweet Savior, doing things I would have never dreamed. From nursing two boys to applying for seminary to all the little things in between, I am thankful for Christ working in my life, and I'm excited for things to come.

In Him,
Saretta

p.s. I would love it if you would check out some of my other posts!


1 comment: