Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Be My Valentine Challenge

Well...it's time for another WomenLivingWell challenge. I am very excited! This particular challenge is coming at a VERY good time in my life. Next week, my husband is finally supposed to be able to step foot in HIS store. We have been in the process of getting to this point since last April. We have sacrificed and been patient and trusted in the Lord's will in regard to what store he would get, and now it is becoming official. He should have a few days before the store opens to prepare. My man will officially be running a Waffle House. His success will determine our livelihood. What pressure!

I'm not always the best at communicating my love for my husband...sometimes I'm not even that great at feeling it. :( That is a shame, too, because I'm convinced that I'm very blessed to have him by my side. My husband is one of the four best things that have ever happened to me (Christ and my two sons are the others). He is so loving toward me. He always tries to do the right thing. He knows how to express his love for me. I have it made...but I fall short so many times in reciprocating that feeling.

That's why I am super excited for the "Be My Valentine" challenge.

Courtney shared a quote that I plan to post where I can see it...

JR Miller writes “So it is in the dark hours of a man’s life, when burdens press, when sorrows weigh like mountains upon his soul, when adversities have left him crushed and broken, or when he is in the midst of fierce struggles which try the strength of every fibre of his manhood, that all the radiance and glory of a true wife’s strengthful love shine out before his eyes. Only then does he recognize in her God’s angel of mercy.”
 
I have a feeling that my husband is about to enter into one of the most intense times in his life. Being a manager trainee (and even relief managing) is nothing like opening a brand new store on his own. This is something that we were told at the very beginning of our journey would never happen...no new managers get new stores. It will be a lot to handle.

The truth is...HE NEEDS ME. 

He needs me to show him love and grace and be a pillar of strength for him. He needs me to have faith in him. He needs me to be a reminder that the Lord brought us this store...not a reminder of uncertainty. He needs his wife in ways he probably never has before. So I'm happy that this focused challenge is available to me. I'll be blogging along my journey.

This upcoming week's challenge is as follows:

Week 1 January 21st - Look for ways to praise your husband verbally. Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it – get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done – in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine’s Day arrives!
 
I hope you join me as I focus on lifting my husband up!
I took a few seconds to send my husband a text saying that I just wanted him to know that I believe in him. It was something small, but who knows the impact it had other than the "Thanks, Baby" I got back?

Eph 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment